Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday, April 23, 2010

Yesterday morning was Sam's award program and I am pretty sure I was about to bust with pride. As we walked into the school and toward the gym we were stopped by every teacher/staff and they would tell me what a sweet son I had. They told me he was their helper and that he was such a great reader and they went on and on. It is just amazing to me the impact this little boy has had on the people he is around in his 5 years of life. The whole school was in the gym and the principal came out with the certificates. There were about 20 kids are so that got a certificate. When Sam's name was called he became so shy and did not want to go get his certificate. The kids were supposed to walk up to the stage and go in this door and stand on the stage. I knew he would not do this on his own. I walk some of the way with him and then his teacher came out and walked him up on the stage. I am just so proud of him and I pray that he will always have his servants heart and sweet spirit.
I have worked until 3:00 all this week so it has been crazy. Monday night was the only night I was home. This morning we all got up and got ready. I got the kids buckled in the van and I noticed that Chloe was looking weird. I thought she had the hick-ups but then I realized what was about to happen. She threw up all over the place. She was covered. Her car seat was covered. It was on the floor and on the seat. The poor baby did not know what was happening and she started crying. I was not quite sure what to do. I got her out of the van and we all headed back into the house. I called work and I was so mad. They wanted me to find someone to watch her! Well I could not find someone. The poor baby was crying and clinging on to me for dear life. I could tell she was in pain. I got her cleaned up and then she laid down on the couch and that is were she has been staying since. I am a little worried that her throat may be hurting because she makes a weird face every time she swallows and I am having a hard time getting her to drink. I got a call a little while ago from work and they wanted to know if I could come in for a few hours this afternoon!! If Chloe does not throw up again I am going to work for two hours just so they will leave me alone. Sam is also home today because I knew he would be really late getting to school and I had to get the van cleaned up before I could put them all back into the van. So, I found someone to watch the kids for a few hours. Tonight is our Bible competition or our church. I will be going with the teenagers and Jeremy will be staying with the kids. Tomorrow is the Music and Arts competition so Jeremy will be going and I will be staying home with the kids. It is supposed to storm tomorrow but I am praying it does not get too severe. I do not do storms very well:( Well I guess I better get going. I have to get everybody ready to leave again.





No comments: