Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday, March 11, 2010 Zombie Cat?

Zombie cat? I am sure you are wondering if I have lost my mind and I am kinda of wondering myself. I know there is no such thing as zombies and no such thing as a cat being a zombie but I have had a weird week concerning one of my cats. Our cat, Sally, went missing back in November. We had not seen her since the first weekend it turned really cold here. I though it was strange because Sally never wonders too far from our yard. She is actually the cat that I tried to give away to a family about 12 miles up the road last year when I was turning into the "cat lady". I say try because two days after I gave her away she showed back up at the back door. We decided just to keep her. Ok back to her disappearing. What was so weird is that a three of our cats were no where to be found for several weeks. Boots, my favorite, came back right in January but Sally never returned. I searched the yard several times and there is a big tree that is fallen in a field behind our house that the cats would sometimes go. Well, on Saturday I am pulling up into the driveway and I see something laying in the yard. I could tell it was an animal and I could tell that it was dead. It was laying toward the back of our back yard. I got out of the van and sure enough it was our cat Sally. She was dead and it was not a pretty sight. I had all the kids with me so I quickly got them in the house. Sunday morning we are leaving for church and I notice that the dead cat is closer to the house then it was the day before. Monday when I got home from work the cat was even closer to the house. Well Monday afternoon it was so nice outside and the kids wanted to play so I got a shovel and I finally got the cat out of the yard. I threw it into a bunch of leaves and branches and it was pretty much buried under a bunch of stuff. I will have you know that I got home Tuesday and that dead cat was in my front yard right up by the sidewalk to get in the front door. It was so strange! So I know the cat did not bring itself up to my front porch but it made me wonder. Molly had been inside the garage all day so I know it was not her that drug the cat back to the yard. The cat now has been buried in the ground and I am hoping to never see it again. Well that is my crazy story for the week.
We all have one more day of school and then we will have a much needed break. I do not have class tonight so I am super excited. We are taking my van in tonight to get serviced before our trip next week, It has been making a weird noise so I am praying it is nothing major.
Well my break is almost over so I better be going. Before I go I would ask that you pray for the family of a dear friend of ours. SOme of you may read the blogs from my blog list, so my friend Brooke Atwood Turnbough is one of the blogs that I follow and her father passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday. Her and her husband are missionaries to Spain and I know this is a very difficult time for them. Jeremy and I went to Bible College with her and her husband and her brother is a friend of ours. They are a wonderful family and if you get a chance please say a prayer of comfort and peace to the Atwood Family.




No comments: