Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day one of Spring Break and my kids decide to wake up at 6:00 this morning. I was able to get them to lay back down for a little while but Emma kept talking and she does not know the meaning of talking quietly. I got up at about 7:00 and started getting things done around the house. When Jeremy gets up I am going to run a few errands by myself and then we are all going this afternoon to pick up my nephew Kraig. Tomorrow morning I have to do some observation and then the kids and I and Kraig are heading to Illinois. I am excited to spend this time with Kraig. He is almost 16 and I am honored that he wanted to spend his Spring Break with us. It has been a rough few months and I pray that I will be an encouragement to him.
I posted the other day about taking our van in to be serviced and I am so thankful we did. I had bad brakes and rotors.It was a little expensive but I am thankful we got them fixed before the gave out entirely. We picked he van up on Friday and then we stayed home most of the weekend. Jeremy had a huge paper due and he thought it was due on Sunday (that is when everything else is due) but it was actually due Friday night. He did not discover this until Saturday afternoon so he was holed up most of the day working. He was able to finish it Saturday afternoon and is hoping the professor will not take much off for being a day late. It was the final project due so he does not have a class this week. Well I better get going. Everywhere I cleaned this morning is getting destroyed by the kids. Samuel is so excited about the trip he is acting a wee bit hyper. When he gets like this he just gets into everything and makes a mess. Before I go I have a cute story about Sam. I bought him the movie "An American Tail" the other day. It is the movie about Fivel the mouse and his family coming to America to get away from the cats. On the journey to America Fivel gets separated from his family. Samuel was glued to the movie. He cheered and was concerned during different scenes in the movie. At the end of the movie Fivel finally finds his mom and dad. The movie ended and Sam came over to me tell me Fivel found his parents and I noticed that his eyes were red and watery. I thought maybe he was sleepy because he had been up since 5:30 that morning. So I asked him if he was tired and he said "No mom. I am crying a little bit". Me "WHy are you crying?" Sam- "I am just so happy Fivel found his parents!" I just thought it was sweet. I have never known him to cry over a movie.





No comments: