Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our week has been a little crazy all ready. Sunday night was the children's program at our church and my little guy Sam did so good. I was so proud of him. Yesterday was work and then I had a dentist appointment after work. I had a little piece of tooth that broke off because of a small cavity so I had to get that fixed. Work is finally starting to click a little bit better. After lunch I am going to some of the younger classes to fill in for those teachers who take their break. It is during nap time so it has not been too bad except for yesterday and today. They put me in the younger two room and it was like having 10 Chloe's running around. They were out of control! There was another person in the room with me but it was still a little unnerving. I think the person that usually comes in that room during that time has been out sick so I am hoping that she is back tomorrow. We also have a big change that is going to take place in the Riggs' household after Christmas that I am a little anxious about. We have decided to send Sam to our local elementary school instead of him going to school with Jeremy. We have been discussing this for a few weeks because it is really starting to take a toll on Sam. They leave at 6:45 in the morning and school does not get out until 3:45 so they do not get home until almost 5:00. We were going to try to hold out until next year but something happened yesterday that just sent me over the edge. Those of you that know me know that what I am about to say it not at all me trying to be ugly, so please do not take it that way. One of my fears about Sam going to school with Jeremy is that it is kind of a rough school. The kids are rough and the faculty (for the most part) have to be rough with the kids. I was very worried about Sam's tender heart and how he would respond to the people that worked at the school. Well yesterday at school Jeremy went to lunch and walked into the cafeteria to see Sam sitting at a table by himself just sobbing. He had not eaten any of his lunch and was so so upset he was making himself sick. Jeremy asked around to see what had happened and it turned out that one of the lunch people saw Sam with his foot on the seat next to him saving it for a friend and she jumped all over him and sent him to silent lunch. She did not ask him to move his foot because he would have moved it and then she gives him one of the highest punishments that can be given out by a teacher. Come to find out the lady was upset with Jeremy about something so I guess she took it out on my child. Some of you may be reading this and think that I am overreacting and maybe I am, but this just confirmed that we need to send him to school closer to home. The school that he will go to is actually right behind where I work. I can see the school from the back door and I could probably walk there in about 3 minutes. The place I work at also has a shuttle that picks up kids from his school for their after school program, so the days I work later he will be brought to me. I know this is a BIG decision so I ask that you will pray for us and Sam as we make this transition after Christmas.
Well I got a few pictures posted. We are LOVING our Wii and I am glad we opened it early. I also opened my Wii Fit that I got from my parents and I really like it too. Well the boys should be home soon so I better try to figure out what to make for supper.






1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your decision. Brian was at the local school for 1.5 years and really enjoyed it.