Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday, December 11, 2009


I guess you can tell that I have not had a lot of time to post this week. I have tried several times to post a few pictures from this week but our connection is so slow and is having a hard time posting. I will try and give a recap of our week. My parents came in Sunday night and the kids were so excited. Monday was Chloe's court date to finalize her adoption so she is officially a Riggs now. Our court appearance was scheduled for 9:00 AM Monday but when we got to the courthouse we noticed that there were a bunch of people in the courtroom at about 8:50. It turned out they were picking jurors and it was going to take a while. At about 9:30 we were told that the jury selection was almost over and that they would open the court with the adoption procedures (there were two other families also finalizing). We got in the court room and the kids were already pretty tired from waiting in the hallway for almost an hour and then the judge called a lawyer up and they opened the court with a divorce situation that seemed to go on forever. So about 10:15 we were finally standing in front of the judge. Because of the judge's schedule we were not allowed to take pictures in the courtroom but did get some afterward in front of the courthouse. We then headed to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast/early lunch. We then came home and rested and then mom and I (and the girls) went to a few stores Monday night. Tuesday morning I worked until noon. It was pouring down rain but after work I came home and mom and I headed back to Clarksville. I had to get fingerprinted for my new job so I went Tuesday to get that done. We went to Wal-Mart and then headed to Nashville to get Sam from school. Jeremy had a meeting after school so I went to get him. He was excited for my mom to see his school. We also let Sam open one of his Christmas presents from my parents while they were here. He opened his Wii and he LOVES it. We let him open it so he could go ahead and play it and so he would enjoy his other presents at Christmas. He wants to play every morning before he goes to school so he gets up and gets ready without any fight. Wednesday was my first full day at work and then I worked Thursday and today until 2:00. Things are going pretty good. I am finally getting in a routine and the girls seem to be enjoying themselves. Chloe is probably not doing as well as Emma is with this new adjustment. He has not been napping well at school so she is such a bear when we get home, so I hoping that gets better. Well I guess that is about it. I will try to post some more of the pictures sometime this weekend.

No comments: