Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday, July 17, 2009

Well we are back online at home, well sort of. Our AT&T wireless card arrived yesterday but it works a little different then we thought. We only have so much time we can be online and it is kinda slow. I have been trying to post some pictures but it is taking forever. I may have to just post picture once or twice a week. I do not have any pictures but I thought I would give a quick update on what is going on at the Riggs' house. We have had a pretty good week. We have been busy packing and getting ready for the National Association of Free Will Baptists starting Sunday in Ohio. I thought it would be pretty easy to get mine and the kids clothes together but it is actually taking longer than I thought. I try to plan for two outfits a day and it hit me that I am going to need 12 dresses for the girls. I am also taking extra time getting my stuff together because I know that I change at least 3 times every Sunday morning for church and so I am stuck with whatever I bring. The kids and I are leaving Sunday morning and Jeremy and the teens are leaving Sunday afternoon.
Well the kids are doing great. Emma is talking up a storm. Her new favorite phrase is "Chloe leave me alone". Chloe just follows Emma around and wants to do EVERYTHING she is doing, right down to how she is holding her hands. Emma is just the sweetest but she only acts like herself around a few people. She is still VERY particular about who she talks to and who she lets hold her. She is not as open with other people as her brother and sister. Sam is getting so excited about going to school, which is in 4 weeks!! We are planning on taking him shopping when we get back and have a special day with him. He is such a good little boy and he is so sweet too. This morning he called me in his room to show me that he cleaned the room and made up his bed. He just is growing up so fast and I really am going to miss his sweet little face around the house when school starts. Chloe is still my little handful. She is saying a few new words. She actually can say most simple words that start with the letter "B". She still will not say 'dada" but she does sometimes say "yaya" when she calls for Jeremy. They have all been healthy so far this summer and have enjoyed traveling and playing outside. I hope all of you checked out their picture that I had taken by Jessica Hollis Photography. They are amazing and I am going to have a hard time picking which ones to buy. Well I better get going. We have to go pick our van in a few minutes. We had to get two new tires. Before I close I do have a prayer request to share. I cannot go into the details but I would appreciate your prayers for my family and myself. I am not talking about Jeremy and the kids but my extended family. We have been shaken recently by something that has taken place and we just need some prayer. We are witnessing first hand the danger of sin in our lives and what happens when we are not always trying to get closer to God. None of us are immune from the sin in the world and unfortunately it has hit very close to some people we know and love very much.

No comments: