Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I know it has seemed like forever since I posted but we got back from the beach Friday night and hit the ground running. Friday night we got everything unloaded and the fun of putting everything away started (insert sarcasm). Saturday morning the kids and I headed out to Mt. Juliet for my nephews graduation party. I got there early so I could help my brother get things set up. It is always good to see them but it also hurts my heart so much. Many do not share my feelings, but I hurt for all the people who have been effected by the current circumstances, even the ones who made the decisions to do the hurting. Sunday was church and then Monday started our mission trip for our youth group. We usually go to another state for our trips but ended up staying in Nashville. We had contacted several pastor about coming to do a trip and they all did not work out. It was amazing that we had already planned to stay in Nashville before the flooding and there were many organizations that needed our help. I only worked Wednesday because I did not have anyone to watch the kids. My friend went to the trip on Monday and Tuesday so she offered to keep my kids on Wednesday so I could go. After we were done we came back to the church and made supper for the teens and then had church. Thursday and Friday we just stayed home. The kids and I have been home a lot this week. One reason we were home so much is because I started potty training Chloe on Monday. She is actually doing really well. She still in not talking much so I thought that would be a big concern. She has not worn a diaper since Wednesday (other then bedtime) and has had very few accidents. We have had a lot of fun this week at home. We have played dress up and have played in their little pool outside. We have baked cookies and all kinds if goodies and have had just a good time together. We have been outside most of today and we are packing for our next trip. We are leaving tomorrow after church and heading to Illinois. For my anniversary Jeremy is taking me to a Chicago Cubs game. The game is Tuesday night but we are going to Chicago Monday evening and staying the night and then spending the day in Chicago on Tuesday and then go to the game. I am so EXCITED!!! Well I better get supper going the kids are starving , well that is how they are acting:)

No comments: