Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday, August 30, 2010

WOW! I knew it had been awhile since I blogged, but I had no idea it had been since the beginning of July. I am not sure if I should mention everything that has been going on or skip to what is going on right now. I guess I will just hit the highlights. When we got back from Illinois Emma had the tubes put in her ears. She did great for the procedure and we have been earache free since the tubes went in the ears. We made a trip to Oklahoma City on a charter bus and the kids had so much fun. I was a little nervous because I did not realize that there were not any seat belts and that meant there would not be any car seats for the kids. We spent the week in OKC at our National convention. We saw family and friends and had a great time. We came home and had to do one of the hardest things we have ever done, say good-bye to our precious Good Springs Youth. We had a our last Sunday and last Wednesday night and the heart ache was much worse then we ever imagined. I think that is one of the reasons I have not blogged. I know sometimes it is good to write things out and express how you are feeling, but the truth is I did not know how to express the sense of loss I felt. I had to report to school the first week of school and that has been my life since. There is so much to get ready for those first few weeks of school. I welcomed the busyness and it helped me take my place in my next ministry. School is going good and despite my complete exhaustion I am enjoying my class of 16. I have a few boys who keep me on my toes but they are all just precious and my prayer is that I can make an everlasting impact on their lives. Samuel is loving first grade and the girls could not be happier (well, other than being home). Chloe is doing great on the potty and has actually started to talk a little more. She kinda skipped over one word at a time and jumped right to phrases. They all have seemed to adjusted nicely to our new insane schedule. We have been church hunting the past four weeks and that has not been fun. It is so much harder than I expected! We visited a church in Franklin (Jeremy's cousin is the pastor) and we really liked it but we do not like the hour drive. We went there are first Sunday and then we went a few weeks ago because we were coming back from a visit with friends in Huntsville. We went to a new church in Clarksville on Sunday and we liked it. We will probably go there a few more times before we make a decision. The kids liked that church too, so we will see. This weekend is our Family Reunion and I am getting excited. It is so much fun and a nice treat to get away and laugh with family members. Well, I only posted one picture because my connection is horrible. I also figured that most of you that read this our my friends on Facebook and have seen the all the pictures I have taken the past few months. This picture was taken at the Space and Rocket Museum in Huntsville. We went last weekend and spent some time with some friends that we had not seen in awhile, We laughed and took many trips down memory lane and made some new memories. It was a much needed weekend! Well, I am not going to promise that I will post every day but I will try to do better than two months:)




No comments: